post-title Tacu Tacu de Garbanzos
This recipe is a twist on a more traditional Peruvian recipe. Instead of beans that is used in the original this recipes main ingredients is chick-peas. Give it a shot. Guaranteed you will enjoy it.
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 2 cups of chickpeas (prepare the chickpeas by soaking them in water over night)
- 1 large onion (prepare the onion by chopping it finely)
- 2 garlic cloves (prepare the garlic cloves by chopping it finely)
- 2 yellow chili peppers (prepare chili peppers by deseeding them, deveining them and then chopping them up)
- 3 cups of rice (prepare the rice by cooking it)
- Salt and pepper (to be used to taste)
- Vegetable oil
- Bread (prepare bread by grounding and roasting)
- Drain the cheakpeas that you soaked overnight.
- Place the chickpeas in a pot and cook them in water until they become tender. Once the chickpeas are tender allow them to cool.
- Heat some oil in a large skillet. Once the oil is heated cook the chopped onion along with the garlic and peppers. Add salt and pepper to the contents and stir. (use salt and pepper to taste)
- Once the onions are cooked (transluscent) add the rice that has already been cooked to the skillet and add the chickpeas. Mix all of the contents in the skillet very well.
- Continue to cook and add more salt or pepper to your liking. Keep cooking until the contents are browned lightly. Then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Once all the contents are cooled with your hands take some of the mixture and sculpt it into a stuffed potato and then rolling them in the bread that you grounded and toasted earlier. Then fry them in hot oil until they are browned on all sides.
- Serve on a plate