This is a great dish that can either be served as a side dish or the main dish. Either way it is delicious and easy to make.
- Servings- 5-7
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 4lbs of cassava (Try to find yellow cassava and prepare it by peeling it and then cutting into bite size pieces)
- 6 tablespoons of butter (prepare the butter by melting it)
- ¾ cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper
- Chunks of butter that will be used for browning
- 250 grams of cheese (prepare the cheese by grating it coarsely)
- Parsley (prepare the parsley by chopping it. It will be used to garnish the finished dish.
- Take the chunks of cassava that you cut up and place them in water ensuring that the water covers all of the cassava. Bring the water to a boil and proceed to cook until the cassava is both tender and soft. Then remove the cassava from the water.
- Now in a bowl mix the melted butter with the cassava mix the two. When that is done add the grated cheese and the season everything with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Then pour everything into a baking dish and on top place the pieces of butter that you cut along with the salt and pepper, the grated cheeses and nutmeg.
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. When it is done cooking garnish it with the chopped parsley and serve.