post-title Patitas Con Mani
The mere fact that the primary ingredient in this dish is pork legs makes this dish quite exotic. In most countries pork legs are not prepared or used in any extent but in true fashion Peru has found a way to make this a delicious dish
- Servings- 6
- Preparation- 45 minutes
- 3 pork legs (if you cannot get pork legs you can used any other cut of pork that you like)
- 2 tablespoons of either butter or oil.
- 1 medium sized onion (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 100 grams of peanuts that have been both roasted and grounded.
- ¼ cup of mirasol chili/pepper in paste.
- ½ cup of broth (use the broth that you cooked you the pork legs in)
- 3 potatoes (prepare the potatoes by cooking then and then cutting/dicing them)
- Salt and Pepper
- Both clean and peal the pork legs and then place them in boiling salt water.
- Once the pork legs are finished cooking drain them and then continue to dice them.
- In a medium size pan heat up the oil and then proceed to fry the onion along with the garlic and the chili. Season all the ingredients with some salt and pepper.
- Once the ingredients in the pan are cooked and mixed well add the pork legs, peanuts, vinegar, and the broth that you cooked the pork legs in. Bring everything to a boil and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Just before serving add the cooked potatoes and stir well.