Caigua is a delicious vegetable that is grown in the beautiful country of Peru. It is viewed as a nutritious food as it helps an individual to metabolize the fats as well as reduce cholesterol levels. It is commonly used in Peru for individuals who struggle with diabetes.
- Servings- 6
- Prep time- 50 minutes
- 6 caiguas
- 12 ounces of ground beef
- 1 medium size onion (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- 2 medium size onions (prepare these onions by cutting them into strips)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic (prepare the garlic by chopping it)
- 1 tomato (prepare the onion by peeling it, deseeding it and then finally
- chopping it)
- 3 tablespoons of yellow chili/pepper (prepare by chopping)
- 2 hardboiled eggs
- 2.5 tablespoons of peanuts that are both toasted and chopped.
- 3 eggs (in addition to the 2 hardboiled eggs)
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- Vegetable oil
- 1 huacatay stick
- 1 ¼ cups of evaporated milk.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut out the wider side of each caiguas and then clean out the cauiguas with a spoon.
- In a large pan place the chopped onion, the garlic and the tomato and sauté all the ingredients while stirring. Once the onions are tender add the ground beef into the pan along with the peanuts. Continue to cook all the ingredients over a medium heat and season with the salt and pepper.
- Once the beef is cooked, you will want to cut the hardboiled eggs into slices and add it to the pan.
- Stuff the caiguas with the beef blend that you just cooked.