(Peruvian Steamed Fish Fillets)
- Prep time 30 minutes.
- Cooking time 7-10 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of corn oil
- 1 large onion. Slice the onion.
- 2 garlic…
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb white fish (fillet) (tilapia is commonly used)
- The juice from 6 limes
- 1 teaspoon of aji amarillo paste, or…
Prep/cooking: 1 hour
- 4 lb of fresh mushrooms. The mushrooms need to be both cleaned and sliced.
- 3 garlic cloves. Mince all three cloves. …
Parihuela is a rich and hearty Peruvian soup that can be served as a meal.
Prep: 1 hour
- ½ coup of vegetable oil.
Jalea is a mixure of assorted deep fried seafood accompanied with a delicious pickled red onion salsa. Jalea Mixta is staple on any traditional Peruvian menu.
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets or 2 lbs other firm white fish fillets, cubed
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh…
- 2 lbs shrimp, with shells and heads
- 4 cups water (more if necessary)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely…