- 2 lbs tilapia fillets or 2 lbs other firm white fish fillets, cubed
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped (or real Peruvian Aji Amarillo, if you can find it)
- 8 -12 limes, freshly squeezed and strained to remove pulp, enough to cover fish
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed
- Combine all ingredients except red onion and mix well.
- Place red onion on top and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Before serving, mix well and serve with lettuce, corn, avocado or other cold salad vegetables on the side.
- It is important to use a juicer that presses the juice out of the limes, not one that will tear the membrane of the lime sections since this will make the lime juice bitter.