post-title Turron de Doña Pepa
- Servings- 4
- Preparation time- 30 minutes
- 5 cups of regular flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 5 tablespoons of concentrated aniseed water
Ingredients needed for Syrup:
- 1 piece of chancaca (should weigh roughly 1 lb)
- ½ cup of water
- ¼ orange rind (you will only need to use the orange part)
- 6 cloves
Preparation for Turron:
- combine all the dry ingredients and then combine the butter using a pastry blender
- take small portions of the dougn and roll it on a surface that is lightly flowered. Make the portions .5 x 1 inch.
- Take all of the sticks you just made and place them on a greased baking sheet. Make sure they are all separated by at least 1 inch.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until the sticks are lightly golden.
Preparation for Syrup:
- Place all of the ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil and continue to simmer for 40 minutes or until the contents turn into a soft ball. Once this happens let the contents cool.
- Put all the sticks you cooked onto a serving dish and proceed to drizzle the cold syrup on top. You can layer the sticks on top of each other and continue to pour the delicious syrup on top of each layer.