post-title Arroz Con Calamares
- Servings- 9-11
- Preparation time- 35 minutes
- 1lb of squid
- ½ cup of olive oil
- 1 large onion (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- 1 cup of green onion (prepare the onion by chopping it. Both the white and green parts)
- 2 tablespoons of aji panca or sundried red ahi paste.
- ¾ cup of aji amarillo fresco/fresh yellow aji (prepare by rinsing well, deseeding and deveining)
- 1 teaspoon of either tarragon, thyme or marjoram)
- 4 tablespoons of squid ink
- 1 cup of red pepper (the red pepper should be chopped)
- 1 cup of white wine. Dry white wine is best.
- 3 cups of rice
- 1 cup of fresh peas
- 2 cups of water
- salt and pepper (will be used to taste)
- Clean and rinse all the squid. Then cut their bodies into rings. With whatever is left you will want to chop up coarsely.
- Heat up the olive oil in a skillet and proceed to brown the onion. Once the onion is browned add the garlic along with the green onion, yello aji, sundried aji, squid ink, herb mix, red pepper, and of course salt and pepper. Continue to cook all the ingredients for ten minutes on medium heat.
- Add the rice to the skillet and bring everything to a boil for approximately 2 minutes and then add the white wine, peas and water. Cover the pan and continue to cook over a medium heat.
- Put the squid in the skilled 10 minutes before you want to serve the dish. Continue to cook with the squid for 5-10 minutes or until the squid is cooked.