post-title Arroz Con Pollo
Arroz Con Pollo
- Servings- 8
- Preparation time- 1.5 hours
- 8 pieces of chicken (1 for each serving)
- ½ cup of oil
- 1 medium sized onion (prepare the onion by chopping it
- 3 garlic cloves (prepare the garlic by mincing it)
- 1 cup of a cilantro blend
- 2 red peppers (prepare 1 of the red peppers by chopping it into small pieces and the other by cutting into thin strips which will be used for
- decoration later.)
- ½ cup of of aji amarillo fresco \and fresh yellow aji chili (prepare by blending and mixing the two)
- 3 cups of rice
- ½ cup of corn kernels
- ½ cup of beer
- 1 cup of peas
- salt and pepper (will be used to taste)
- 2 ½ cups of boiling water
- Season each piece of chicken with salt and pepper then sauté the chicken in oil until they are golden brown. Once they are browned remove the chicken from the pan.
- Using the same pan you just used to cook the chicken, sauté the garlic, onion, cilantro and aji. Once the ingredients beging to cook well add the chicken back to the pan along with the ½ cup of beer and continue to cook all of the ingredients until the chicken is nice and tender. Once they are tender remove the chicken from the pan and cover them to keep them warm.
- Add the rice, peas and peppers to the pan. Add water and continue to cook over a medium heat for approximately 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
- Serve the dish with a piece of chicken on each plate along with rice garnished with the pepper strips that you prepared.