post-title Ponche Frío de la Abuela
This is a drink that has been in the Peruvian culture for as long as anyone can remember. A classic drink that is a must try.
- Preparation Time- 35-40 minutes
- 4 Liters of milk
- 3lbs of sugar
- 1 cup of port wine
- 1 cup of sour cherry liquor
- 1 cup of pisco
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 drops of an almond extract
- Over medium heat boil the milk along with the sugar and the cinnamon. Proceed to boil for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the milk, sugar and cinnamon from the heat
- Add the port wine, the liquor, pisco and almond extract. Mix everything together very well
- Pour servings into glasses and enjoy. Some people choose to garnish the top of the drink with some powdered cinnamon.