post-title Pulpo al Olivo
This delicious dish can be used as either an appetizer or main dish. What is great about this dish is that is easy to make and tastes fantastic. This dish is made with Botija olives, which grow in the southern part of Peru.
- Serves- 6 servings
- Prep and cook time: 1 hour
- 3.5 lbs of octubus
- 15 black olives (prepare the black olives by pitting them)
- 3 tablespoons of key lime juice
- 1 ¾ cup of olive oil that will be used to prepare mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons of parsley (prepare parsley by mincing it)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (this will be used for decoration/finishing touches)
- Put all he octopus in a pan and cover all of it with water. Bring the water to a boil for 30-40 minutes or until the octopus is soft. Once it is done remove the octopus from the pan.
- Take out the dark skin of octopus using a knife and then refrigerate it.
- To make the mayonnaise in a blender mix the eggs, salt, lime juice and pepper. While you are mixing these ingredients you will want to pour in olive oil while stirring to form the mayonnaise.
- With the mayonnaise that was just made, take half of it and set it aside.
- Add olives to the blender and continue to blend. You will want to mix the reserved olive oil in at this point.
- Cut the octopus into slices and place them on a dish. Cover the octopus with olive oil and garnish it with the minced parsley.