post-title Pastel de Papas Limeño
This is an incredible potato pie. This is a traditional recipe with many many variations depending on what part of Peru you are in and who is cooking it.
- Servings- 4
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 5 large yellow potato’s
- ½ cup of flour
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- ½ cup of chopped onions (the onions need to be chopped)
- ½ teaspoon of garlic (garlic needs to be prepared by grinding it)
- ½ glass of red wine
- 6 black olives (prepare the black olives by chopping them into small pieces)
- 2 tablespoons of raisins.
- 2 tomatoes (prepare the tomatoes by deseeding them, peeling and then chopping them)
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 3 tablespoons of water (water needs to be cold)
- Prepare the yellow potatoes by first cooking them and then pressing them in order to turn them into a dough.
- Then mix the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Add the two eggs and season everything with salt and pepper. Then knead everything very well proceed to cut the dough in half and then spread both halves of the dough over a floured table.
- In a pan with hot vegetable oil fry both the garlic and the onion. Then add the red wine. Let the contents come to a boil and then add the olives, raisins almonds and prepared tomatoes. Mix the corn starch in 2 tablespoons of cold water and add it to the mix.
- Then pour the mix over the dough and cover it with the other piece of dough like you are making a very large sandwich. Now flour the sandwich and with the other two eggs beat them and spread them over the dough. Flour everything one more time and then fry in a big frying pan.
- Once the lower half is browned carefully flip it and brown the other side.
- Serve once both sides are browned.