post-title Olluquito con Carne recipe
- Servings- 6
- Preparation Time- 40 minutes
- 2 pounds of olluco (prepare the olloco by cutting julianne style.
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ pound of beef. (prepare the beef by chopping it up)
- ½ cup of onion (prepare the onion by chopping it finely)
- 3 cloves of garlic (prepare the garlic by chopping it)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 tablespoons of parsley (prepare parsley by chopping it)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of aji panca paste
- Salt (to be used to taste)
- Soak the cut up ullucos in water for 60 minutes.
- In a pan heat up the vegetable oil. Once it is hot fry the beef until it is cooked through. Then set it aside.
- Using the same hot oil, fry the onion and the garlic. Fry until they are transluscent.
- Add the paprika, oregano, cumin, and aji panca with salt and proceed to cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Drain the ullucos and then add it to the same frying pan with the rest of the ingredients along with the beef. Cover the pan and continue to cook on a low flame. Keep cooking until the olluco is nice and soft. This should take about 20 minutes. Make sure to stir the contents in the pan on occasion.
- Garnish the finish product with the chopped parsley and serve with a side of white rice.