Gnocchi is a favorite in Italy. Now it is a favorite in Peru. Like so many other dishes Peruvian chefs both professional and novelists have taken a delicious food and made it their own. Try this delicious dish with you and yours. Your family will ask you to prepare this recipe over and over.
- Servings- 5-7
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 2lbs of cassava
- 9 ounces of flour
- 3 ounces of parmesan cheese (cheese needs to be prepared by grating it)
- 1 egg
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 cup of cream
- 5.5 ounces of pariah cheese (prepare the cheese by grating it)
- 7 ounces of buttery cheese (prepare by grating it)
- 3.5 ounces of Portobello mushrooms (prepare the mushrooms by slicing them)
- 3 tomatoes (prepare the tomatoes by peeling them and deseeding them)
- Basil (prepare the basil by chopping it)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the yucca and then put it in a pot with water and cover it. Bring the water to a boil and proceed to cook the yucca until it is nice and tender.
- Then put the cassava through a sieve and allow it ample time to cool
- Add flour to the sifted cassava along with salt and then knead it.
- Add the egg and continue to keep kneading until the content becomes on nice mass with all the ingredients evenly distributed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and then season the mass with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and make each one to resemble a long cylinder that is 1cm thick. Then cut each roll into 2cm .
- Take each gnocchi and pass by the tines of a fork and press down in the middle of each gnocchi
- In a small pot boil some water. Put the gnocchi in the boiling water and cook until they are tender. Then place them in a bowl and pour the melted butter on them with some sault.
- Heat the cream in a sauce pan over a medium heat. Then add the grated cheese and let it melt over a low heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and then add the sliced Portobello mushrooms. Proceed to brown the mushrooms over a low heat. Once the mushrooms are golden brown flip them over and brown the other side. Remove the mushrooms.
- Using the same skillet add the tomato and cook it for2-3 minutes. Then add the basil that you chopped an proceed to cook for 1 additional minute.
- Then add the mushrooms and the tomato mixture to the cheese that you already melted. Season everything with salt and pepper and nut meg. Mix everything well and pour the sauce.
- Server the gnocchi and a plate and garnish them with basil or a little oregano.