post-title Manjar de Chirimoya
This is a remarkable fruit dessert. It has been around for centuries and is still regularly enjoyed by the citizens of Peru all over.
- Servings- 6
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 1 and 2/3 cups of evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 and 2/3 cups of condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks (you will want to gently beat the egg whites. Just a little)
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 cherimoyas (prepare the cherimoyas by cutting them into pieces and making sure that they have no seeds)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Mix the evaporated milk with the vanilla. Then cook the mix on a low flame for approximately 45 minutes or until the mix gets nice and thick. Then remove it from the heat and let it cool down.
- Add the lightly beaten egg yolks and stir them in.
- Add the cream and then add the sugar slowly while you continue to beat the entire time.
- Mix all the contents now very well. Then add the cherimoya and stir.
- Garnish with cinnamon and serve right away.