post-title Malaya Dorada
If you like red meat then this dish is for you. The flavors and the tenderness of the meat make it a dish that you will want to make it over and over again. Its easy to make, easy on the taste buds and sure to be family favorite.
- Servings- 4
- Preparation Time- 30 minutes
- 2 lbs of skirt steak
- 1 leek
- 3 celery sticks
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tablespoons of aji panca paste
- 2 tablespoons of aji amarillo paste
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of red vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of oregano (prepare the oregano by grounding it
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- In a large pot, put the skirt steak, celery, carrot and leek and bring all the contents to a boil. Once it is boiling cover the pot and continue to cook until the skirt steak is nice and tender. This process should take roughtly 45 minutes. Once the skirt steak is tender move it to a dish that you can marinate it in.
- In a bowl, you are going to want to combine the aji panca paste, aji amarillo paste, salt, vinegar, black pepper and oregano. Then mix all the ingredients together. Once it is mixed pour the contents in the bowl over the steak. Let the steak marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on high heat. Once the oil is heated up place the skirt steak and brown the steak. You will want to cook the steak for approximately five minutes on each side.