post-title Empanadas de Carne
This is an awesome dish that can be prepared with either chicken, beef or pork. Whatever you fancy this is an incredible dish that you will prepare over and over again.
- Servings- 5
- Preparation Time- 1.5 hours
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 2lbs of ground fajita steak or chicken or pork or beef
- 1 jar of green olives (prepare the olives by chopping them up)
- 3 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 white onion
- 3 orange Peruvian peppers
- 1 package of “la saltena” (you can find this at a Spanish grocery store usually)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Chop the onions into nice small pieces. Then in a large pan put the olive oil in it and heat it up. Precede to sauté the onions until they are translucent.
- Once the onions are translucent add the ground meat. Continue to cook until the meet is cooked through thoroughly. Then drain the oil out of the pan.
- Add the sweet paprika along with the salt, green olives. Then mix all the ingredients together.
- Remove the pan from the heat and then chop the Peruvian peppers into ¼ rings. Then cut the 3 eggs into ¼.
- Place the empanada dough in one of your hands and then scoop in some of the meat mixture along with a piece of egg and hot pepper.
- Put the empanadas on a baking tray and cook them at a temperature of 350 degrees. Cook them until they are golden brown.
- You can garnish the top of the empanadas with some powdered sugar.