post-title Locro de Zapallo
- Servings- 6
- Preparation Time- 30 minutess
- 1lb of squash (prepare the squash by peeling it and then cutting it into pieces.)
- ½ cup of oil of your choice (we recommend using vegetable oil)
- 1 onion (onion should be medium sized and prepared by cutting and finally chopping
- 2 garlic cloves (prepare the garlic clothes by grounding them)
- ¾ cup of peas
- 3 potatoes (prepare all the potatoes by skinning them and then cutting them into quarters.
- 2 ears of corn (prepare the corn by cutting it into slices)
- ¼ cup of evaporated milk.
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 3 olives (olives should be prepared by pitting them and cutting them in half)
- Salt and Pepper
- ¾ cup of either ricotta or feta farmers cheese (prepare the cheese by dicing it)
- 2 teaspoons of aji amarillo fresco.
- In a pan, heat up the oil. Once the oil is hot begin to sauté the onion that you chopped along with the garlic, aji and oregano. After they have cooked for three minutes add the squash, peas potatoes and the corn.
- Cover the pan with all of the ingredients and continue to simmer all of it all the contents in the pan are cooked.
- Once the ingredients are all cooked add both the milk and the white seasoning. Season with salt and pepper.
** This dish is commonly served with with fresh white cheese and white rice.