post-title Pepian de Choclo
- Servings- 4
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 2 pounds of of yellow sweet potato
- 2 pounds of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- orange juice
- orange rind
- sprinkles to put on top of the finished product.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and then boil them in water.
- Prepare a puree using a potato masher/grinder.
- Once you have formed the puree put it in a pan and add the sugar, cinnamon, orange rind and orange juice. Continue to heat all the contents in the pan while stirring it regularly. Once you can see the bottom of the pan remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- Using spoons place the finished product in the pan into a large cake placing them on a buttered dish.
- Preheat your oven to 100 degrees celcius and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add some of the sprinkles on top of the finished product.