post-title Entrada de Cordero
In Peru, this is a favorite dish during the cold and damp winter months. The lamb and the broth is a perfect meal to warm up your cold bones on those wet and cold days.
- Servings- 4
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 1lb of lamp
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 onion (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- 4 tomatoes (prepare the tomatoes by peeling, deseeding them and then chopping it)
- 3 cabbage leaves (prepare the leaves by chopping them finely)
- ½ tablespoon of oregano
- The kernels from 1 ear of corn
- ½ cup of beans
- 1 large carrot (prepare the carrot by peeling it and then chopping it.
- 3.5 ounces of green beans
- 1 teaspoon of bell pepper (the pepper needs to be chopped and deseeded)
- 3 cups of water
- 2 small potatoes. (prepare the potatoes by cooking them in boiling water)
- 2 tablespoons of huacatay (prepared by chopping it)
- 1 tablespoon of parsley (prepare the parsley by chopping it)
- salt and pepper (to be used to taste)
- Take the lamb and season all of it with salt and pepper and then fry it in hot oil.
- Once the lamb is golden brown add the onions, tomatoes, oregano bell pepper, green beans, kernels of corn, carrots and the beans.
- Pour water over all of the ingredients and continue to cook the lamb until it gets nice and tender (this process should take roughly 1 hour)
- Once the lamb is tender add the cooked potatoes to the mix.
- Place a serving of the lamb on a dish with a half piece of potato.