This drink is most commonly served over breakfast. Years and years ago it was considered a drink that was only enjoyed by blue collared workers. How times have changed. When you go to Peru now, you will see lines of business man lined up on the streets to get a taste of the delicious Emoliente.
- Servings- 4
- Preparation Time- 25 minutes
- ½ teaspoon of aniseed
- 4 tablespoons of barley
- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed
- 1 sprig of mint
- 1 stalk of lemon verbena
- 1 sprig of lemon balm
- 2 sprigs of some anise
- 5 horsetail branches
- The juice squeezed out of 1 lemon
- 2 boldo leaves
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- In a large pot put 1.5 liters of water
- Then add the barley, anise seeds and flaxseed. Over a medium heat bring the contents in the pot to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the lemon, verbena, mint, chamomile, lemon balm, horsetail, lemon branch and boldo and proceed to boil everything for two minutes.
- After two minutes remove the pot from the heat and let it cool down for 5-10 minutes.
- Add some lemon juice and sugar to the pot.
- Mix everything one more time very well.