post-title Conejo con maní
Rabbit is a delicacy in Peru and they prepare this dish just right. If you have never tried rabbit before it is some of the most tender meat you will ever have. It’s delicious!!! Give it a shot with this traditional Peruvian recipe.
- Servings- 5-7 people
- Preparation Time- 1.5 hours (not including the time to marinate the rabbit)
- 1lb of toasted peanuts (prepare the peanuts by first toasting them and then grounding them well)
- 2 full rabbits (prepare the rabbits by cleaning it well and then cutting them into pieces)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Some Yellow Chili pepper Sauce (This is going to be used to taste)
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 large white onions (prepare the onions by chopping them up well)
- You are going to want to marinate both rabbits for at least 12 hours in vinegar. In addition season the rabbit with salt and pepper, cumin and the two bay leaves.
- Once the rabbit is done marinating remove it from the marinade and dry it off very well.
- In a pan heat up the oil along with the butter. Add the onion that you prepared as well as the amount of the yellow chili pepper sauce that you desire. Continue to sauté these ingredients for a few minutes.
- Add the cut rabbit pieces to the pan and cook/fry them until they are nice and golden.
- Add two or three cups of water to the pot along with the roasted peanuts and continue to cook until the rabbit is cooked completely through.
- Serve this dish with sides of white rice.