post-title Crema Volteada
This is going to surely one of the best desserts you have ever had! It is easy to make too. Sure to make it to your top ten dessert lists. In peru it is commonly served when the weather is hot. It is light and sweet.
- Servings 5-6 (unless you like big pieces like me)
- Prep time- 2 hours
- One 14 ounce can of condensed milk.
- 14 ounces of evaporated milk
- ¾ cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 eggs
- Melt the sugar and spread it out into mold. When this is done let it cool down.
- Beat all 4 eggs with a fork. You are going to want to just beat them a little. Then add the milks along with the teaspoon of vanilla. When everything is mixed strain the mix and then carefully pour it into the mold you prepared with the sugar.
- Cook in a double boiler for 45 minutes. Or you can bake it on a medium heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Once it is done cooking, whether you cook in a double boiler or the oven remove the dessert and let it cool down (many let it cool in the refrigerator.
- Once the dessert is cooled dig in!