post-title Choncholi de Pulpo
This recipe is an incredible and different way to prepare octopus. It’s a recipe that has been around for over 50 years and is a typical Peruvian dish as they put they use some of the spices and sauces that make so many Peruvian dishes special.
- Servings- 4-6
- Preparation Time- 45-60 minutes
- 2/3 cup of white vinegar
- 2/3 cup of white wine
- The sauces from 10 aji pancas
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 clove of garlic (prepare the garlic by crushing it)
- ¼ teaspoon of thyme (prepare thyme by chopping it)
- ¼ teaspoon of rosemary (prepare the rosemary by chopping it)
- ¼ dried oregano
- 1lb of octopus tentacle (prepare the tentacles by cooking them in boiling water)
- 2 teaspoons of cilantro (prepare the cilantro by chopping it up)
- 5 yellow potatoes (prepare the potatoes by cooking them in boiling water)
- ½ cup of rocotao (prepare the rocoto by grounding it)
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil)
- 2 stalks of chives (prepare the stalks by chopping them)
- Salt and pepper (to be used to taste)
- Prepare the aji panca sauce.
- Once the sauce is prepared put it in a bowl and add the vinegar, 2 of the tablespoons of vegetable oil, mustard and the chopped garlic you prepared. Mix everything together. Then season it with the rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and oregano.
- Add the octopus to the bowl and then mix all the contents very well again.
- Heat up the grill and use the 1-tablespoon of oil left to brush on the grill. Place the octopus on the grill and proceed to cook them for 5 minutes.
- Serve the octopus on top of the corn husks with rocoto.
- Use the chives to garnish the dish.