post-title Budin de Pan
- Servings- 5-7
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 1 loaf of sliced bread
- 7 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 additional cup of sugar that will be used to carmalize and mold.
- ½ cup of nuts (prepare the nuts by crushing them)
- 1/2cup of raisins
- One teaspoon of either lemon juice or orange rind.
- 1/8 teaspoon of grounded cloves
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- In a medium sized saucepan melt the sugar. Do this over a low heat and continue to heat until the sugar becomes caramel. You will then use this caramel to caramelize the sliced bread.
- Using a large bowl put the slices of bread in it with 6 cups of water. Using your hands make sure the bread gets soaked very well. Continue to soak the bread for 15 minutes.
- Using a colander drain all of the extra water.
- Place the bread in a bowl and then add the hot milk along with the vanilla.
- Now add the eggs, sugar, colves and cinnamon to the bowl and carefully mix.
- Pour the caramelized sugar into the pan and proceed to bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the mold, and let it cool.
- Serve on a cold plate.