Arroz con Conchas (rice with scallop sauce) is fantastic meal whether it is served for lunch or dinner. Because one of the main ingredients is rice it is hearty enough to be served as a main dish. This Peruvian dish is easy to prepare and will sure to
- Servings- 6
- Preparation Time- 40 minutes
- 2lbs of scallops
- 3 cups of rice
- 2lbs of aji amarillo/fresh yellow aji chili. (Should be seeded)
- 1 garlic clove (prepare the garlic by crushing it)
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 large onion (prepare the onion by chopping I finely)
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- parsley (prepare the parsley by mincing it)
- ¼ cup of parmesan cheese (prepare the cheese by grating it)
- First you are going to want to cut and devein all of the aji amarillo. Once that is done put it in a pan, cover it with water and begin to cook it on a low heat.
- Put the aji along with the oil and salt in the pan and cook all the ingredients until it turns it is puree consistent.
- Cook the rice like you normally do.
- In a pan sauté the chopped onion along with the garlic and the butter. To stop it from burning add one tablespoon of vegetable oil. Then add the rest of the processed aji and be sure to mix all the ingredients very well.
- Add the scallops to the pan as well as the dry white wine and bring all the contents to boil. Continue to cook everything for 3 minutes.
- Put rice on a plate, scallops and sauce on top of the rice and then garnish with parmesan cheese and the parsley you minced.