post-title Arroz con Camarones
- Servings: 10
- Prep Time: 1.5 hours
- 2.2 lbs of shrimp (Prepare by cleaning and deveining).
- 4 cups of rice
- ½ cup of white wine
- ½ cup of beer
- 13 garlic cloves (prepare the cloves by mincing the garlic)
- 1 cup of onion (onion should be chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of aji panca/sundried aji chili paste
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 1 lb of green peas
- 5 aji amarillo fresco (prepare by deseeding, deveining and mincing)
- 4 sweet bell peppers. (Prepare the peppers by chopping)
- Vegetable oil
- Parley (prepare parley by mincing)
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper (some use a bit more of pepper. It can be used to taste)
- In a pan, using two tablespoons of oil, sauté 3 garlic cloves. Add 4 cups of water and then cover the pan, bring the contents to a boil and then add the rice. Once the rice is added cover the pan again.
- Continue to cook the rice for 15-20 minutes. Keep checking the rice as it may take less time to cook. Once the rice is done cooking add a tablespoon of oil on top and mix the top portion of he rice using a fork. Then cover the pan for 10 more minutes.
- In a large frying pan, saute the rest of the garlic along with the chopped onion, bell peppers,, sundried red aji paste, paprika, fresh yellow aji, salt and pepper.
- Add the beer along with the shrimp corals and boil for a few mintues. Add the white wine along with the cooked rice. Stir all the contents in the pan very carefully. Continue to do o until all the rice becomes the same color.
- Continue to cook all of the contents for a few more minutes so the rice dries and separates.
- Server the dish on a serving platter and garnish it with peas along with the finely chopped parsley.