post-title Anticuchos de Corazón
*For this recipe you can substitute beef hearts with chicken or beef or you choice
- Preparation and cook time 5-6 hours
- Serves up to 12
- 3 pounds of beef or chicken
- olive oil
- ¼ cup of vinegar
- 4 cloves of garlic (mince the garlic)
- 1 bell pepper (slice the bell pepper)
- 1 Peruvian chili pepper (aif papca)
- 2 tablespoons of hot paprika
- salt and pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl mix the vinegar, garlic, bell pepper slices, Peruvian chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- Wash the chicken or beef and cut them into quarters and then again into 2 centimeter wide pieces. Then you will cut those pieces into squares.
- Place all the cut beef or chicken into the bowl of mixed ingredients making sure the meat gets soaked well in the marinade. (leave the meat in the bowl to marinate for at least 4 hours)
- Once marinated put the meat on skewers. 4-5 pieces of meet should fit on each skewer.
- Cook the skewers/meat on a grill cooking all the way through (if you are cooking this dish with chicken make sure chicken is cooked all the way through)
- When grilling use the left over marinade to brush on the meat. (this will add flavor)
- Serve the dish immediately after the meat is finished cooking.