post-title Seco de Cordero
- Serves 8
- Preparation and cook time: 2 hours
- 2lb of boneless leg of lamb
- canola oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoon of aji amarillo
- 1 full bunch of Cilantro
- 2 Cups of beef stock
- 4 Carrots
- 2 yellow potatoes
- ¼ cup of green peas.
- Mince the garlic, dice the onions, dice the potatoes and dice the carrots.
- Remove the cilantro leaves from the bunch and puree them in ½ cup of water.
- Cut the lamb into bite size pieces and season it with salt and pepper.
- Brown the lamb in a pot using the canola oil. You will want to do this over a medium heat. When the Lamb is browned remove it from the pan.
- Using the same pot add more canola oil and sauté the onions, garlic and aji amarillo sofrito. Again, you will want to do this over a medium heat. Season the ingredients with cumin and oregano to taste.
- To deglaze the pot, add ½ cup of the cilantro puree.
- Place the lamb back into the pot along with 1 cup of beef stock. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the rest of the cilantro puree, ½ cup of stock, potatoes, carrots and continue to let sit and simmer for 30 additional minutes.
- Add the green peas and make sure to stir all of the ingredients in the pot well.
- Serve on plates with a side of steamed white rice and frejoles.