post-title Alfajores de Miel
This is a great dessert. Whether you serve it with a cup of your favorite coffee or a glass of milk to dunk it in. In Peru, this is a favorite among adults and adolescents.
- Servings- 35-40 cookies
- Preparation time: 2 hours
- 1 pound of flour and 2 ounces.
- 4 ounces of powdered sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 2 balls of chancaca (prepare chancaca by cutting it into pieces.)
- Kneed the 1lb flour with the sugar and the butter. Keep kneeding until it is nice and smooth with a consistent blend.
- With the remaining two ounces of flour spread it out on a flat surface. Then stretch the dough you made with a rolling pin. Roll the dough out in a sheet.
- Cut the dough with round cookie cutter.
- Place the cut cookie dough circles on a baking sheet and bake at 180 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes. Make sure to prick with a toothpick or for before they rise. Let the cookies cool.
- Put the chancaca pieces, cinnamon stick and cloves in a pot. Cover them all with water and then bring them to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 1.5 hours. Remove from the pot and let the contents cool.
- Spread the cookies with few layers of the syrup you just made.
- Serve the cookies and enjoy.