post-title Ajiaco de Papas
- Servings- 5-7
- Preparation Time- 1.5 hor
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 large white onion (prepare the onion by chopping finely)
- 1 garlic clove (Prepare the garlic clove by chopping it finely)
- 1 yellow pepper (prepare by grinding)
- 1 teaspoon of either cayenne pepper or paprika (whichever one you prefer)
- 2 lbs of potatoes (prepare the potatoes by peeling them, boiling them and then chopping them )
- ¾ cup of either meat broth or hot water.
- ¾ cup of fresh cheese ( prepare the cheese by grating it)
- 3 tablespoons of parsley (prepare the parsley by chopping it)
- ½ cup of evaporated milk.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a pot heat up the oil. Once the oil is heated brown the onion in the pan. Then add the garlic, cut up yellow pepper, paprika, salt and pepper and then mix all the contents and let them cook.
- Add the potatoes along with the broth and boil for a few minutes. Then add the cheese, parsley and milk making sure to mix everthing.
- Serve this dish with a side of white rice.