post-title Aguadito de Pollo
Chicken stew with green rice
Prep time: Servings:6-8
- 1 tender chicken
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- ¾ cup coriander leaves that are both chopped and blended with a ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup peas
- Ground Fresh yellow/ají amarillo
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ½ cup of black beer
- 8 medium size yellow potatoes. Peel and cut the potatoes in half.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 red pepper. Cut the red pepper in strips.
- 1 small leek
- 6 celery stalks
- 6 ½ cups chicken broth
- Cumin to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Clean chicken then cut the chicken into pieces.
- Prepare the broth by boiling the following for two hours:
- 10 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of salt, head, the legs and the spine from the chicken, large pieces of celery and leek.
- Season the chicken and then fry the chicken in hot oil until its outsides are golden brown. The chicken does not have to be cooked all the way through at this point.
- Remove the chicken from pan. Cover the chicken. In the same oil that the chicken was cooked in, sauté the garlic, the chopped onion and aji or chilli paste. Add the blended coriander and salt and pepper to the pan as well.
- Transfer all of the above to a larger pan. Then add the broth, the black beer and the chick peas.
- Add peas and red pepper and cook 8-10 additional minutes.
- Fifteen minutes prior to serving bring everything to a boil, add rice making to sure to mix it very well. Lower heat and cover pan to continue cooking. Add yellow potatoes. If the mixture becomes too thick just add some water or broth to it. The finished dished should be the same texture as a this soup.