post-title Tallarines a la Huancaina
One bit of this delicious pasta and you will be a fan for life. The best part about it is that it is easy to make and you wont have to spend all day preparing it.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 2lbs of spaghetti.
- 13 or 14 yellow chili peppers. Prepare the peppers by ensuring that they are deseeded and cut them into small pieces.
- 12 ounces of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- 2 cloves of garlic (prepare the garlic by chopping it finely)
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 pieces of corn (prepare the corn by removing the kernels)
- 1 hardboiled egg
- 1 onion (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- In a pan put tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat it up. Once the oil is heated place the chili peppers that you cut into the pan and brown them. This should only take 2-3 minutes. Once they are browned add one more tablespoon of vegetable oil. Place the cooked chili peppers aside
- Add the rest of the oil to the pan, heat it up and fry the chopped onion. Then add the garlic mix everything and cook for a couple more minutes. Then add the chili peppers, mix all the content and stir together for a minute or so.
- Add the cream cheese to the pan and continue to stir all the contents until the cream cheese is melted and distributed evenly with all the other ingredients.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling water. (Recommended to cook the pasta al dente).
- Once the spaghetti is cooked add the cream cheese sauce you made and stir everything. Season everything with both salt and pepper to your taste liking. Now mix the kernels from the corn into the pasta.
- Save some kernels to garnish on top of each serving.