post-title Pimiento Relleno
- 12 red pimento-style peppers
- ½ lb ground veal
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 onion that is chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 tbsp of virgin olive oil
- 3 tomatoes that are peeled, deseeded and chop (or you can use 1 can of tomato paste)
- 3-4 tbsp of parsley
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 2 slices of white breat with the crust cut off. Crumble up the bread
- 2 large eggs
- Cinnamon, ground nutmeg and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the stems off of all the peppers and scrape them out. Using a teaspoon can make this task easy.
- Roast the peppers in the broiler until they are charred a little.
- Season all of the mat with garlic thyme, cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Let the meat stand seasoned for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the 3 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan. Saute the garlic along with ¾ cup of onion. Saute the ingredients until they are tender.
- Add the tomatoes to the sauce pan and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add to the saucepan 2 tablespoons of parsley, ½ cup of white wine, salt and pepper to taste. Cook everything for 15 minutes.
- Sieve in a blender
- Heat two more tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and add the meat along with the rest of the onion. Fry everything until it is golden brown.
- Soak all the bread in warm milk or warm water until it is spongy
- Squeeze the liquid out of the bread and then add it to the frying pan, blending everything together. Add more seasoning, salt, pepper and slowly add the rest of the wine.
- Remove the pan from heat and mix in one beaten egg along with the remainder of the parsley.
- Fill the prepared pepper.
- Dip the stuffed pepper in a beaten egg and then place it in flour and fry in hot oil until it is browned.
- Put the peppers in an ovenproof dish and pour the sieved sauce over all of them.
- Bake for 2o minutes in 200f