- Servings- 3-4
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 2lb of white corn kernels
- 1 large onion (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- 4 garlic cloves (prepare the cloves by crusing them)
- 2 tablespoons of aji panca. (aji needs to be grounded)
- 2 tablespoons of aji mirasol (aji needs to be grounded)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 2 liters of beef broth
- 2 lbs of chopped meat/beef
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ¼ lb of wheat (wheat needs to be prepared by cooking)
- 1lb of mondongo (mondongo neds to be cooked and then chopped)
- 2 tablespoons of parsley (parsley needs to be prepared by chopping it)
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
- Wash and soak the corn kernels.
- Then cook the kernels in boiling water until they are tender (do not put salt in the water)
- In a pan, over medium heat place some oil. Once the oil is heated up add the chopped onion and minced garlic. Saute the two for 4-5 minutes and then add the aji panca along with the aji mirasol, oregano, cumin and salt and pepper. Continue to sauté all of the ingredients for two more minutes.
- Pour the beef broth into the pan with the rest of the ingredients you just sautéed.
- When the broth comes to a boil add the meat and continue to stew with the pot covered until the meat is nice and tender.
- Add the kernels along with the wheat and mondongo. Continue to cook for 20 minutes and add the chopped parsley.
- Serve the dish hot in bowls with either a side of bread or a potato.