post-title Fettuccini a la Huancaina con Lomo
This is Peru’s style of fettuccini alfredo. With beef tenderloin tips it both looks and tastes delicious. It is commonly served as a main dish in many households because it is easy to cook easy on the tastes buds.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 1.5 hours
- 1lb of yellow peppers (prepare the peppers by deveining them, deseeding them cutting/chopping them)
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 8 saltine crackers
- 9 ounces of fresh cheese (prepare the cheese by cutting it into pieces/cubes
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 2lbs of beef tenderloin (prepare the tenderloin by cutting into bite size pieces.
- 1 onion (prepare by cutting julienne style)
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- ½ cup of red vinegar
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tomatoes (prepare both tomatoes by deseeding and cutting into thick slices)
- ½ teaspoon of parsley (prepare parsley by chopping it)
- 2 tablespoons of either pisco or brandy
- ½ teaspoon of parsley (prepare the parsley by chopping it)
- ½ cup of cream
- ½ cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- Using a quarter cup of the vegetable oil blend the yellow pepper. Slowly add cheese, crackers and two cups of milk. In a blender, blend all of the ingredients until they turn into a nice heavy cream.
- Then add the egg and season the newly made cream with both salt and pepper. Blend all of the ingredients again and set the final product aside. This is called Huancayo sauce.
- In a large skillet heat up two tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot brown the beef. Once it is browned remove it from the skillet and set it aside. In the same pan place the cut onion and fry it and season it with sugar salt and pepper. Then add ½ the vinegar that you have and continue to cook for three minutes. Then pour ½ the soy sauce that you have mix it in and set the contents aside to be used later.
- In a pan pour the rest of the oil that you have and heat it up. Once it is hot place the tomato pieces in it and begin to fry them. Fry them for three minutes and then add the pisco/brandy.( a flame will be produce. Don’t be alarmed) Add the rest of the vinegar that you have and continue to cook for three minutes. After three minutes pour in the rest of the soy sauce and season everything in the pan with oregano and salt. Mix all the contents and then put parsley over the top.
- Cook the fettucini to your liking. (I like my pasta al dente)
- In a saucepan over low heat warm up the cream and then mix in the rest of the milk, pasta, and Huancayo sauce.
- Place the cooked beef tips on top and sprinkle some extra parmesan cheese on top.