post-title Ensalada de Pallares con Conchitas
This recipe is a wonderful salad that uses the delicious lima beans commonly found in Peruvian recipes. This recipe is very old and depending on who prepares and where in Peru they are from there are likely to be variations.
- Servings- 4
- Preparation time- 20 minutes
- 1lb of lima beans.
- 12 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of any wine vinegar
- 4 tomatoes (Prepare the tomatoes by peeling and removing all of the seeds)
- ½ a tablespoon of oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 dozen scallops
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (prepare the garlic by chopping it)
- Prepare the lima beans by first cleaning them and then boiling them in water. Once the water starts to boil replace the water with fresh water and then continue to cook for an additional 30 minutes. Once the lima beans are finished cooking remove them from the heat and let them cool down in the same water that you cooked.
- Strain and peel all of the lima beans and then put them on a large dish. Season them with vinegar, olive oil, onion, tomatoes, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Peel the shells off of the two dozen scallops. Wash them and then put them in a dish along with the vinegar, salt, yellow chili pepper and garlic. Let the scallops sit for an hour.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan and when it is warm cook the scallops for a minute. Then add the lima beans.
- Place portions on plates and enjoy.