post-title Chilcano de Pescado
This is a well-known soup that has grown a reputation for being a hang-over cure. However even if you are not suffering from a hangover this fish soup is extremely good for you as the fish packs it with protein and omega 3.
- Prep and cook time- 2.5 hours
- Servings- 6
- 6 filets of fish
- 2lbs of fish heads and the backbones of fish.
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves (prepare cloves by crushing
- 1 onion (prepare onion by chopping coarsely)
- 2 tomatoes (prepare by peeling and coarsely cutting)
- 1 celery stick (prepare the stick by chopping it finely)
- 2 green onions (prepare both onions by chopping finally)
- 9 cups of water
- The white part of one 1 leek
- Sal and Pepper
- 2 cilantro sprigs
- 2 parsley sprigs
- 2 mint sprigs
- ½ of a yucca (medium size and cut into small pieces)
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 1 ear of corn (prepare by cutting into slices)
- 1 ahu mirasol (will need to be prepared by toasting)
- Parsley for garnish (prepare the parsley by finely chopping)
- Wash all of the fish heads as well as the backbones.
- In a large pan, fry the garlic, onion, tomato, celery, leek and mint with oui.
- Add the fish heads and backbone to the pan.
- Cover all of the contents in the pan with water and bring it to a boil. Then cover and let cook on a medium heat for 1.5 hours.
- Strain out all the stock and then promptly return to the pan. In the stock you will now cook the yucca, potoatoes, corn, green onion and the toasted aji.
- Fry the fish fillets until they are completely cooked in a skillet.
- Server the finished meal and soup bowls with each containing potato, corn, yucca and fish filet.
- Pour stock on top of all the contents in the serving bowl and squeeze a few drops of lemon on top and garnish with parsley.