post-title Arroz Tapado
- Servings- 6
- 2lb of white rice
- 4 garlic cloves (prepare garlic by mincing it)
- 1 onion (prepare onion by chopping finely chopping)
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 6 black olives (prepare olives by deseeding and cutting into quarters)
- 1 lb of ground beef/meat
- ½ of raisins
- 3 eggs (prepare by cooking them hardboiled style and then cutting into 8 different wedges)
- ¼ cup of parsley (prepare the parsley by chopping it finely)
- ¼ cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare the white rice in rice maker or however you usually prepare white rice.
- In a large skillet heat the oil. Once the oil is heated sauté the onions until they are tender and then add garlic and cook for approximately one more minute.
- Add the paprika, cumin and pepper to the skillet.
- Mix everything well and then add the meat/ground beef. Cook the meat making sure to stir it on occasion. You should cook for 8-10 minutes or until there is no more liquid in the skillet.
- Add the olives, raisins, parsley and cooked eggs to the skillet. Once again be sure to mix everything well.
- Serve each plate wit 2-3 scoops of the meat mixture from the skillet and then add the white rice on top. Top with some chopped parsley to garnish the delicious meal.
- * it is not uncommon to serve this dish with french fries.