post-title Chicharrón de Pescado
- Servings- 4-6
- Prep time- 1 hour
- 2.2 lb of a white fish
- 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of flower
- ½ cup of cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Clean the fish and remove the bones as well as the skin. Cut the fish into pieces roughly 2-3 centimeters. Season the fish with salt, pepper and the juice of 1 lemon. (don’t squeeze the lemon to hard)
- Mix the flour along with the corn starch. Then cover all of the fish with this blend.
- Beat the eggs. Add a tablespoon of water to the beaten eggs and then proceed to dip all of the fish into the batter.
- In a pan heat up the oil. Once the oil is heated begin to fry the fish in the pan. Continue to fry until all of the fish is golden brown.
- Once the fish is cooked you will want to drain it well and place the fish on paper towels to remove any excess oil their is.
- This dish is most commonly served with tartar sauce. You can prepare your own tartar sauce by mixing seasoned mayonnaise, with parsley, capers, and some onion that is finely chopped.