post-title Asado con Pure
If you have a hearty appetite then this is a great meal. This is Peru’s version of Steak and potatoes.
- Servings- 6-8
- Preparation Time: 1.5 hours
- 2lb roast
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable
- 1 large onion (prepare the onion by chopping it finally)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of aji panca paste
- 1 carrot (prepare the carrot by shredding it
- ½ cup of red wine (red wine should be of the dry sort)
- 1 cup of either homemade tomato sauce or a jarred sauce of your choice
- 6 cups of beef broth.
- Olive oil
- 1lb of cremini mushrooms. (prepare the mushroom by slicing them)
- Season the entire roast with salt and pepper. Then in a large pot heat some oil over a medium heat. Once the oil is heated up add the roast to the pot. Brown each of the roasts sides (approximately 3 minutes on each side. Once the roast is browned remove the roast from the pot making sure to keep it warm.
- Add the chopped onion to the pot along with salt and pepper. Proceed to both for 3-4 minutes. Then add the aji, panca paste, the carrot that was shredded and the tomato sauce and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Return the roast to the pot with the rest of the ingredients that are already in there. Add the dry red wine along with the beef broth, bay leaves and sliced mushrooms. Cover the pot and lower the heat and cook over a low heat for 1 hour or until your roast is nice and tender.
- Remove the roast from the pot and cut it into slices that are approximately ¼ inch thick. Once you have sliced the entire roast, return the slices of roast to the pot. Make sure the pieces of the roast are nice and covered by the sauce that is in the pan. Then continue to cook on a low heat with the pot uncovered until the sauce thickens.