post-title Adobo Cusqueño
- Serves- 4
- Preparation Time- 1.5 hours (not including marinating over night)
- 2 lb of pork loin pieces.
- 1 aji panca
- 2 cups of chichi de jora
- 10 cumin seeds
- 1 onion (prepare the onion by cutting it into quarters)
- 5 fresh oregano branches
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 rocoto chili pepper
- 4 black peppercorns
- 5 cloves
- tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of dried oregano
- First, soad the aji panca with hot water in a bowl. Do this for 15 minutes. When that is done proceed to drain and peel the aji panca. Then mix it with the garlic as well as the cumin.
- In cold water, wash the pieces of pork well. Then drain the lamb and place the pieces in a large pot. Add the mixture that you made in the first step to the pot with the lamb. In addition add the chichi de jora, onions and the oregano. Season all the ingredients in the pan with salt cover it and let it sit and marinade over night.
- Put the pot over a medium heat until the contents start to boil. Once it is boiling add the rocoto chili pepper, cloves, cinnamon, oregano branch, onions and peppercorns. Continue to cook for 15 minutes and then pour the vinegar into the pot. Stir all the ingredients and then remove it from the heat.
- Put servings on plates and enjoy. Put dried oregano on the top of each dish to garnish it. This dish is most commonly served with fresh bread on the side.