post-title Risotto de Quinua
- Servings- 6
- Prep time- 1.5 hours
- 1lb of quinoa
- 8 cups of boiling water (either chicken or beef bouillon)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion (prepare the onion by chopping it finely)
- 5.5 ounces of bacon (prepare the bacon by cooking and chopping finely)
- 5 garlic cloves (prepare the garlic by chopping it finely)
- 10oz of mushrooms (prepare mushrooms by slicing thinly)
- 1 tablespoon of saffron threads
- 1 cup of white wine (should be dry white wine)
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ¾ of a cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper (this will be used to taste)
- 4 tablespoons of parsley (prepare the parsley by chopping finely)
- Under running water rinse the quinoa. Continue to rinse until the water is clear. Once that is done add the 8 cups of boiling water or the bouillon and cook the quinoa until it is tender. This should take between 10-15 minutes. Once it is tender drain the quinoa and let it cool.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and then add both the bacon and the garlic that you prepared earlier. Continue to cook on a low heat until the contents start to thicken. When that happens stir in the parmesan cheese along with the parsley that you chopped.
- Place a nice portion in the middle of a plate.
Shrimp Sauce Instructions (optional)
- First clean and rinse all the shrimp. (save the head and the shells and the tails)
- In a pan melt butter and then add the shrimp shells. Continue to sauté for 5 minutes. Then add water and bring to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place the contents in it into a blender. Blend and strain the mix and then place all the contents back into the pan and start to stir in the heavy cream and continue to cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens.
- Now add the shrimp tales and sauté them until they are all tender and sprinkle in the chopped parsley.
- Serve with quinotto in the middle of the plate and then pour the delicious shrimp sauce over the top. Place shrimp tales around the plate and put some parmesan cheese on top.