post-title Quinua Pilaf
- Servings- 7-8
- Prep time- 45 minutes
- 1.5 cups of quinoa
- 1.5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- ½ cup of green pepper. (Prepare the green pepper by deveining it and cutting it into small cubes)
- ½ cup of red pepper (prepare the red pepper by deveining and cutting it into small cubes)
- 2 celery stalks. (Prepare the celery by cutting it into small cubes)
- 2-3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cup of carrots (prepare the carrots by pealing and cutting them into small cubes)
- 3 green onions (prepare the onion by chopping it)
- ¼ cup of parsley (prepare the parsley by finely chopping it)
- Rinse the quinoa in a bowl. You will want to repeat this process at least 5 times. You want to rub the grains and them let them settle before pouring out the water and repeating the process.
- Put the chicken broth in a saucepan and bring the broth to a boil. Once the broth is boiling slowly add the quinoa and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet heat up both the vegetable and olive oil. Once the oils are heated sauté the green peppers, green onion, celery, and parsley. Cook over high heat for 8 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 additional minute. Season all the contents in the skillet with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Add the vegetables from the skillet with the quinoa. Then stir all the ingredients together. Season again with salt and pepper along with the Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Place the finished product onto a serving dish.