post-title Cocadas al Horno
This is an awesome dessert that is suitable to be served after any dinner. If you enjoy coconut based desserts then this recipe is for you. Melts in your mouth!
- Servings- 6
- Preparation Time- 1 hour
- 1 large coconut. (the coconut should be fresh and prepared by peeling it and shredding it)
- 1lb of sugar
- Juice from the coconut (make sure you save the juice from the coconut)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (prepare the sesame seeds by toasting them)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup of port
- In a pot, combine the sugar along with coconut juice and bring the contents to a boil. (make sure to stir occasionally) As you stir gradually add the shredded coconut and continue to stir all the content s as you do this.
- Once the mixture thickens and you are able to see the bottom of the pan remove the pan from the heat and add the egg yolks one at a time while continuing to stir. Then add the toasted sesame seeds, butter and the port.
- Put all pan over a low heat and stir everything in it until it becomes a soft ball. Then put everything in a pan and cook in preheated oven at 400 degrees until the top of this delicious dessert turns a light golden brown.