Chicha Morada is a traditional Peruvian beverage that is produced from purple corn. It has been consumed in the beautiful country of Peru since pre-colonial times. This drink is sweet, spicy and fruity all at once. One sip of this delicious drink and you will be hooked!
- Serves- 4-7
- Prep time- 40 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs of purple corn
- the peelings from 2lbs of cooking apples
- the peelings from 1 large pineapple
- 4 key limes
- Approximately one cup of sugar. Or to taste
- 4 cloves
- Place the washed apple and pineapple cleanings in, purple corn and cloves in a pot that contains 3 quarts water and bring the water to a boil. Continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Then strain the apple and pineapple peelings.
- Repeat the above step with the exact same ingredients. Then take the two liquids and mix them together.
- Add the sugar and the lemon juice to the liquid.
*This drink is best served chilled.