In its simplest form the Causa is a yellow potato dumpbling that has lime, onion and yellow chili pepper in it. There are many different types of variations to this delicious snack whether it be with beef, chicken, avocado, or some type of shell fish from the sea.
Servings- 8 people
- 3lbs of yellow potatoes (prepare the potatoes by first peeling them and then cooking them in boiling water)
- ¼ of a vegetable oil of your choice
- 4 limes
- White pepper
- Yellow chili pepper (prepare by grounding to your taste liking)
- 1lb of crab pulp
- Mayonnaise (to be used to taste preference)
- Avocado (prepare the avocado by cutting it into strips)
- 5 Nori algas
- Mash all of the yellow potatoes. Once you are finished mashing them let them cool down and knead it.
- Once the potatoes are cooled add salt and pepper along with limejuice and the yellow chili pepper and oil.
- On a table place wax paper and then put the dough that you just created on top of it. Then carefully roll out the dough and then cover it with Nori.
- Mix the crab pulp with limejuice, English sauce and mayonnaise to your tasting. Then add salt and pepper to your liking. Use the pulp to cover the Nori and then place an avocado strip on the edge closes to you.
- Now, take the edges of the wax paper start to roll it being careful to be very gentle. You will want to wrap the entire wax paper and then place it in the refrigerator to cool for 60 minutes.
- Prior to serving this delicious treat make sure you remove the wax paper.