post-title Cau Cau de pollo
Chicken Cau Cau is a traditional Peruvian dish that is most commonly served along side rice. This recipe is a delicious combination of sautéed onions, boiled potatoes, aji and chicken.
- 1.b of chicken breasts that are bones, skinless and diced.
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized onions. Prepare by chopping.
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic (either fresh or from a jar)
- 2 fresh yellow aji (chili) (prepare by deseeding and deveining)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ cup of chicken broth
- 2 cups of potato (prepare by peeling and dicing)
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- 1.5 tablespoon of chopped sweet mint
- A pinch of ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the onions and sauté over a medium heat until the onions are soft and tender.
- Add the garlic, the aji and turmeric and continue to mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Season all the ingredients in the pan with salt, pepper and ground cumin.
- Stir in the chicken broth, diced chicken and diced potatoes.
- Bring the contents of the pan to a boil over medium heat.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are tender
- Add the sweet mint, lime juice and more seasoning to taste.