post-title Arroz con pato a la Chiclayana
Arroz con pato a la Chiclayana
This dish originated in northern Peru however, over time, it has made its way throughout Peru with individuals adding there own personality to it.
- Servings- 4
- Preparation time- 2.5 hours
- 2lb of duck
- 1 cup of oil (you will need an extra teaspoon of oil as well)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic (prepare the garlic by mincing it)
- 2 onions
- 3 cups of rice
- 7 ounces of peas
- 7 ounces of of buttercup squash
- 1 roasted red pepper (prepare the red pepper by cutting it into strips)
- 1 green onion (prepare the green onion by chopping it)
- 1 aji limo (the aji limo should be prepared by chopping it)
- The juice of 4 limes
- Salt (will be used to taste)
- Season all of the duck with salt. Over medium heat, in large pot heat up the cup of oil . Once the oil is heated cook the garlic along with a chopped onion, and have of the squash you have (squash needs to be grated at this point) for 20 minutes.
- Add the duck to the potand reduce the heat to let the duck brown for 10 minutes. Then pour 2 liters of water into the pot and continue to cook over medium heat with the pot covered for 45 minutes. One the duck is tender strain the pan and save keep the duck and the broth separate.
- Using another clean pot pour three cups of the duck broth in. Then add the 3 cups of rice, the peas, peppers and cilantro and mix all the contents. Season everything with and bring to a simmer and continue to cook or 25 minutes with he pot covered. Once the rice is cooked place the duck in the pot and the chichi jora. Stir all the contents and continue to cook for 5-7 more minutes.
- Now in a separate bowl, put 1 teaspoon of oil, the rest of the chopped onion, the chopped green onion, and the aji limo. Season it all with the juice of the 4 limes you prepared and some salt. (serve this with the duck and rice)
- You can use the rest of the squash to garnish your duck.